Protein And Weight Loss
Did you know that protein is hugely important when it comes to weight loss?
- Protein has a high thermic effect. This means that when you eat protein, 20-35% of it's calories will be burned during digestion alone.
- Protein helps switch off hunger signals and this is a very effective tool when it comes to weight loss.
- A breakfast high in protein can help keep mid morning cravings and those afternoon crashes at bay.
- Protein is essential for muscle repair and growth. The more lean muscle tissue we have the more calories we can burn.
- Good sources of protein include meat, poultry, fish, seafood, nuts, dairy, lentils and beans.
Generally speaking, people don’t eat near enough protein on a daily basis and therefore can often struggle to drop those unwanted pounds. A simple way to address this issue is to include a source of protein with each meal plus an additional protein supplement, such as a good quality whey protein.
Beneficial supplements include amino acids and whey protein . For those of you that can’t consume whey, try a vegan alternative like brown rice protein.